1. I really want to bake a chocolate cake. Not for guests. Not for a special occasion. Just for me to, like, eat.
2. I really want to bake a chocolate cake alllllllll because of Pinterest. Doesn't this picture look absolutely scrumptious?!?
Original Source: Real Simple
3. I just read a post on someone's blog about pet peeves and it was hilarious. One of mine? People who chew weirdly, loudly, or with their mouths open. Ugh.
4. I think we've settled on a name for Lil' Ninja. We're not officially announcing it or anything yet but we're close to making a final decision. Although we could change our mind once we see his smushed little face and decide that he looks more like a "Fred" or "Harold".... you never know.
5. I have no idea how I lived almost my whole life without ever tasting tzatziki sauce. The name sounded weird so I always assumed it would taste gross. It just might be my favourite thing right now. We're about to eat it some on grilled chicken and cucumber flatbread sandwiches for supper tonight. Yummers.
6. I entered my little numbered dresser in Whisperwood Cottage's contest for a feature in Cottages and Bungalows magazine. It was chosen as a "finalist" out of 200 entries. I was so giddy and wanted to win SO BAD! Alas, it did not win. I was so close to becoming famous. Bahahaha.
7. I have recently discovered that I was not cut out for stenciling entire walls. More details on that to follow next week. :S
8. Alex bought me pink and yellow roses the other day. What a sweetie pie. They were pretty. And they smelled good.
9. One of my friends (xoxo) lent me the Twilight series over a year ago and I haven't read them yet. I saw the first movie and the part where the guy gives the girl a piggy back right up the tree at the speed of light??? Really??? But my friend has really good taste in girly shows, clothes, shoes, and purses so I'm going to take her advice and read the series. Soon.
10. I only have two days of work left. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. The countdown to my new life of joggers and soap operas is on.
11. I am slightly (okay alot) afraid that I will love my new life of being a stay-at-home wifey and mama so much that I will never ever want to go back to work.
12. I love DIY projects, furniture refinishing, and all the little crafts n' things that I've done on this little blog. I just want to make sure that I don't start doing a zillion "crafts" just for the sake of having posts to publish. I really don't want a basement full of 5000 wreaths for every occasion under the sun. I also don't want to feel like I have to paint a piece of furniture to "reveal" every week. I'll just keep blabbering on about curtain rods and picture frames with an occasional craft here n' there and maybe, just maybe, you'll stick around anyway.
13. The generosity and kindness of people amazes me sometimes. I've had the sweetest emails lately from readers just saying hi, commenting on how they like my site, or offering to mail me white picture frames, pie plates, and vintage tart tins. (Thank you so much btw, you are all the awesomest).
13. Al and I went to see 21 Jump Street on opening weekend and the line was so long to get into the theatre that we had to stand outside and around the corner. I'm not ashamed. It was sooooo funny.
14. Alex and I can't share popcorn at the movies because (he's going to kill me when he reads this) he is a total popcorn hogger. He shovels it in like it's the last food he'll ever eat in this lifetime. We do two bags now: big one for him, mini one for me. It drives me crazy but I kinda love it about him at the same time.
15. We both have a theory that movie theatre popcorn butter is actually melted Crisco. What do you think?
16. Some decorating trends kind of annoy me. And decorating/blogging terms, too. Like "mood board". And "vlogging".
17. I once thought it would be fun to skateboard down one of the steepest hills in the city. I wasn't a good skateboarder. I fell. Someone from school just happened to be driving past when I bailed. It was a great story at school the next day. Not.
18. I am loving the children's author Oliver Jeffers. If you haven't seen or read any of his books you just have to! They are adorable. I'm thinking about framing some of the illustrations for Ninja's nursery. It's on the list.
19. I want to live in this music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOKCWDJ4iA
20. I'm writing this post because I made it a goal of mine to post more often but don't really have any projects done at the moment. That's okay because your comments on these posts are always so funny!
21. I bought winter boots for the first time this winter. I hadn't owned a pair since I was a kid! One of the best purchases ever. I didn't have cold feet ONE TIME this whole winter. Whoever invented boots was a real genious.
22. Giant preggo bellies really get in the way of wearing pants. Even the stretchy ones are really uncomfortable. Could I get away with wearing no pants for the next 4 1/2 weeks? Please?
23. I still want to bake a chocolate cake.
24. I still want to eat chocolate cake.
25. Chocolate cake. Chocolate cake. Chocolate cake.