Always on the look-out for yummy recipes. Decided to try this one on my first day of summer vacation.
Hey! There's a slice missing!
Source: America’s Test Kitchen
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
½ cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas
2 large eggs, beaten
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
1. Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, coarsely mash 3 ripe bananas.
4. Add the remaining wet ingredients to the mashed bananas and mix well.
5. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until flour is well-moistened.
6. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
7. Back at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes.
* Instead of walnuts (blech) I substituted mini chocolate chips (yum).