The Making of Doll Number Two
Friday, January 1, 2010
List of Things I Think I Did Sorta Better on Doll #2
1. Her head stays up! I made sure to sew the head onto the body before stuffing it this time. It was quite a bit trickier to tell you the truth, but well worth it in the end.
2. She has more hair and isn't completely bald at the back.
3. The hair is more securely attached (at the top and the pigtails) with double thread.
4. The necklace is stronger (quadruple thread) and is attached more securely at the back.
5. The whole doll is wider and not as weirdly skinny.
6. The whole doll is firmer. I really jammed the stuffing in this time.
7. The hands are shaped like little hexagons to make it look like little fingers.
8. The arms are angled down instead of sticking straight out like a crazy person/doll.
9. I had (a bit) more control when sewing curved bits on the sewing machine. That means a rounder head and rounder feet. Don't want a block-head doll!
10. I got to pick the fabric this time. Way cuter.
Top Three Things That Irk Me The Most About Doll #2
1. She's lumpy.
2. Her neck is kinda wrinkly. She wasn't supposed to have a wrinkle neck.
3. The limbs look at bit stubby.