This blog has become seriously lame. You hardly ever post and when you do, it's all a bunch of jibberish about the things you want, nothing about what you've actually done. Unfollowing.
Thank you for your feedback. While at first your comment stung quite a bit (and made me have a little tear) it also forced me to do some serious reflection about my blog. It also made me come to a few conclusions. Here are some things that I discovered.
- No, I do not post regularly. I don't have content at the ready to publish every day at 10 am. At that time during the week, I am working at my job - the one that generates an income and helps me provide for my family. This blog is a hobby. It's where I share progress on our slow renovations and even slower decorating. It will always come fourth or fifth or sixth depending on what else is going on in my life. That's a personal choice of mine and I am absolutely happy with it.
- Yes, I go through stages when I have writer's block. In fact, I've sat down every day this week to write a blog post and nothing would come out the way that I wanted it to. If you look in my 'Drafts' folder you will see at least a dozen half-written posts. There are so many eloquent bloggers/writers out there who have so much to say (in such an awesome way) that some days I feel inadequate. And so, I wait until I'm ready to write. Even if it's been days, weeks, or even months. I won't force myself to write a post or share progress on a project because I feel like I have to in order to keep readers interested. That just doesn't feel real to me.
- No, I will not have renovation or DIY projects to share everyday. I like my blog to be authentic and to reflect what my husband and I are realistically able to do in our spare time with a toddler, two dogs, family, friends, and other obligations. There are some amazing bloggers that are able to work full time, look after their family, AND blog regularly. They are superstars. I am not, and never will be one of those people.
- Yes, some days I feel like no-one is reading this blog and that writing it is pointless. Perhaps it is a vicious cycle and no-one is commenting because I am not providing much content to comment on. But every once in awhile I will get an email from a reader, or a sweet comment from a reader that reassures me that maybe there are people out there who enjoy or appreciate the content that I do provide - as sporadic as it may be.
- No, I do not have the budget to buy every single thing that I want so that I have fully decorated rooms and big, Pinterest-worthy room reveal posts. I have to take my time to save up for the things that I really want. And sometimes I have to wait a really, really long time.
- Yes, I do share a lot of wish list items on my blog. I actually really love getting the feedback from my readers and the blogging community. For example, if I share that I'm thinking of getting a particular mirror and I get ten comments saying "Awesome, mirror!" or "Do it, do it!" then I get the motivation I need to make the final decision. Yeah, so I'm indecisive. I'm working on that!
- No, I do not usually write sponsored posts and product reviews. Nor do I have advertisements or huge giveaways. While other blogs do a great job with all of that professional bloggy-type-stuff - it's just not for me. I tried it once and I was terrible at juggling it all. However, if anyone at Home Depot is reading this I could really try to change my ways, LOL.
- Yes, we have actually done things. I just finished sewing an adorable polka-dot cushion. We finished dry walling the basement and we've even painted the walls! I also found some really cool wall art for our bedroom. I just haven't had a chance to take some good photos of any of those projects yet.
I guess what I'm trying to say, Anonymous, is that I apologize for not being able to provide the type of content that you are looking for. If you choose to unfollow this blog because it is lame, then that is obviously your choice. There are some fantastic blogs out there (check out some of the ones in my sidebar) that provide a lot of great content, DIY projects, and inspiration. I hope you find what you are looking for. Thanks for giving me a chance, even if just for a little while.