|Please stop staring at my abnormally large forehead that is usually strategically covered with bangs. Hey! It was hot, okay!|
You know how much I love shopping road trips. We try to go on at least a few a year so I can get my cottage/antique/vintage shopping fix.
I was too chicken to tackle a day trip with Cooper and my Mom a few weekends ago and ended up just heading to the family cottage instead.
But Alex pulled off a huge surprise when he announced that he was taking Friday off and we were heading down to Muskoka for the day.
I was a bit nervous bringing Coopster along, as I had NO idea how he would do with spending so much time in his carseat. I wasn't too worried about the trip there, I was more worried about the trip back, as he gets starts getting fussy around 7:00 p.m. and will usually only be consoled by mommy snuggles. (Uh oh.)
We were shocked and amazed at how absolutely amazing he was the entire time. He cried for about two minutes total - both times we quickly pulled off to the side of the road so I could feed him stat.
Our adventures included:
- eating greasy breakfast sandwiches on the way down
- going to three different antique stores
- visiting a farmer's market and buying some local corn on the cob, green beans, and peaches
- eating fresh pulled pork sandwiches (ackkkkk so good)
- drinking freshly squeezed lemonade (ackkkkk so good, too)
- buying a huge bag of kettle corn
- getting stung by a wasp and bitten by red ants (poor me)
- going to two furniture / home decor stores
- eating dinner on an outdoor patio overlooking the lake
- rocking out to Alex's music picks on the way home
- spending time with the sweetest baby that ever lived
|Sigh. Baby toes.|
It was too tricky to bust out the big camera while the two of us took turns holding Cooper so I snapped a few pictures with my iphone instead.
A few things that caught my eye in the antique shops:
Tomorrow (or maybe the next day) I'll show you all of the Pinterest photos that these goodies remind me of. (Oh, Pinterest. I'm addicted to you.) Oh yeah, and I may have come home with one or two of the items in the above photos. ;)
We happened to visit my favourite store of all time,
where I can barely afford a tea towel Muskoka Living Interiors.
We made a very large purchase and I am SOOOOO PUMPED to tell you all about it. I've been waiting for one of these for a looooong time. Four years to be exact. Yippeeee!
P.S. I'm still answering your questions and will have some more posts up soon. Pinky swear.