1. I am amazed at how many of you dear readers took the time to wish our family congratulations on little Ninja Baby. I just LOVED reading through your comments, advice, and cute stories. You make me laugh. And you make me want to give you all a great big hug. Thank you.
2. Alex goes outside and starts my car for me every morning before work. The neighbour just mentioned to me that I have my very own car starter. I think I’m a bit spoiled.
3. Fruit and vegetables that have marks or bruises or mushy spots weird me right out. I always have to watch Alex when he’s making a sandwich or salad because I’m sure he tries to sneak the creepy veggies into my lunch and dinner.
4. I’ve watched all six seasons of Sex and the City four times already from start to finish. Enough time has passed that I’m ready for round #5. In fact, one of our top 3 baby names came from one of the characters on the show. Can you guess which one?
5. I went to Costco after work tonight and bought a few groceries: bread, lettuce, cherries, grapes, oranges. Then all of a sudden I popped a box of 16 gourmet cinnamon buns into my cart. SIXTEEN!?!?!? What was I thinking?
6. I’m not a fan of the colour red. I own one red t-shirt that has white hearts all over it. It’s for Valentine’s Day at school when everyone wears red and white.
7. Alex asked me to be his “girlfriend” on Valentine’s Day a bazillion years ago. It was only our second date. He liiiiiiked me. He wanted to daaaaaaaate me.
8. I am contemplating moving this blog over to Wordpress soon. The Blogger commenting system really bugs me. I want the fancy comments like some of the fancy blogs out there. I want a fancy blog, I want a fancy blog!
9. I hate wearing dresses. Hate.
10. My wedding dress was ordered online from J. Crew. It was cotton and cost less than $150. I loved it even though I hate wearing dresses. If you convince me I’ll post a picture of it. ;)
11. Roary’s nose has gone all pink except for one little black spot. I call it his Cindy Crawford mole and I always photoshop it out of pictures. He’s self-conscious about it. He told me.
12. I am NOT a morning person. It takes everything I’ve got in me to get myself out of bed every morning. I’m pretty grumpy until I’ve been up for at least an hour and have had a coffee.
13. Many of my work days are spent having conversations about why it’s not nice to call someone a “poo-poo head”.
14. I’ve been saving up for a new camera lense that is way expensive. I really just want to go and buy it on my credit card and use it in secret. Alex doesn’t need to know about everything I do, right?
15. I don’t like cartoon shows or movies (except The Little Mermaid). The characters voices are always super annoying.
16. I’ve been lucky enough to visit 10 countries so far: The States, Mexico, Jamaica, The Dominican Republic, England, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy.
17. My old roommate had a cat that cuddled me to death during the day and then attacked my face when I was sleeping. I never knew when it was coming. I’m still traumatized.
18. I only ever buy vanilla or cookie scented candles. Mmmm, vanilla. Mmmmm, cookies.
19. Alex and I go shopping to Home Depot and Homesense pretty much weekly. He drops me off at Homesense, goes to Home Depot and gets reno stuff for the house, and then picks me up when he’s done. It’s a great system. Except I’m sure that the entire staff of Homesense thinks I’m a lunatic who stalks the store by herself at least once a week. I want to wear a sign that says: I’m not shopping by myself, I swear!
20. I’ve been trying to grow my hair long for the last 10 years. It’s so fine and grows so slow that it’s been the same length for the last...... 10 years. I secretly curse all my friends who all seem to have the thickest, fullest hair of all time.
21. I don’t want to be a teacher for the rest of my working days. I love the kids but the job is tough. I love when parents join me on a field trip and after 1 or 2 hours tell me they have no idea how I do it all day. My answer is usually, “I have no idea either, lady.” ;)
22. I miss sleeping on my stomach.
23. It surprises me when I chat with people about adoption and they tell me that they could never love a child that wasn’t “their own”. My little adopted baby will be “my own” and I’m going to love and smother that kiddo to death. Just sayin’.
24. Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds are really good actors. I really admire their acting abilities. Wink, wink.
25. I’ve surprised myself with how much nonsense I was just able (and willing) to share. :)
Alright, your turn to share your 25 things. Let me know if you do, I'd love to read your version.
Then, link up here:
25 Things Linky Party @ Perfectly Imperfect